Digital Marketing can be taken as Digital AND Marketing. If we understand both words separately then we can understand what is digital marketing.
What is Digital ?
In the context of Digital Marketing, Digital means an Electronic Network which is nothing but Internet.
Internet provides a mode of communication between all computers, mobile devices, televisions and other electronic devices that are connected to each other.
These computers are connected to each other Via Optical Fiber Cables , LAN Wires, Wi-Fi Routers etc.
Any Device connected to Internet is a part of Digital Marketing.
What is Marketing ?
Marketing is the process of providing information about your Business, Product or Service to your targeted audience. In the process of providing information to your targeted audience, here are the steps
- Analyze your targeted audience using Survey and Market Research.
- Create Information of your business in Print Form.
- Distribute your information through advertisements.
- Advertising is a Part of Marketing.
- Marketing is Goal Oriented. Some Example of Goals are : Improving Sales Figure, Generating Leads, Creating Social Awareness etc.
- Leads and Sales are the part of a Successful Marketing Campaign.
What is Digital Marketing ?
Digital Marketing is the process of providing information about your products and services to your targeted audience with the help of Internet and devices connected to internet. Digital Marketing has following steps
- Analyze your targeted audience using Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Create Information of your business in Digital Form – Examples: Website, Creative Images, PPTs, Videos, PDFs etc.
- Distribute your information through advertisements, social networks, search engine networks, video libraries, social bookmarking sites, web directories, web classifieds etc.